Happy New Year! 2011 – just sounds like a great year!
Starting off the year with no expectations other than the ones I have for myself. This is going to be a goal oriented year for me. Something I have never done.
So, here I am putting it down. It motivates me even more.
This year I hope to fish at least 2 of my top 5 places on my “Fishing bucket list”.
1. Venice, LA – big rig fishing (after everything I have read and first hand reports, I may not come back)
2. Cape Cod, MA- striper fishing in the early fall (have been to CC, even out on the water, but never striper fished)
3. Keys, FLA – a million reasons why
4. Sebastian Inlet, Fla – because I love it there and want to go back and just take it all in again
5. Reel in a Giant trevally (destination yet to be determined-2 choice locations)
It’s funny… when I lived in Fla I drove around with a fishing rod, even the fly rod sometimes. There was always an opportunity. You see the most beautiful things fishing, cultivate some great friendships while fishing, experience an anticipation and a rush when fishing, everything in the world just seems so right. When I am not fishing I feel like I am being suffocated by all the noise in life. It’s been a month and fishing is all I can think of.
I need a trip somewhere to fish or find some deep ice soon.<big smile>